Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Looking Back to Look Ahead

The year is almost over. We can soon say good-bye to 2009 and say hello to 2010. Many people are deciding what resolutions to make for the upcoming year. Before I make any resolutions, however, I want to look back. I want to see how differently my thoughts and hopes had been for 2009 and see how close or how far they were to reality. I want to remember what roads I traveled, and what detours I had to make.

But most importantly, I want to review again just how interactive God was in my life. I felt His presence every step of the way. In trials and triumphs, He was there. At home or away, He was in my heart. I cannot escape from the Lord, as Psalm 139 talks about, nor would I want to. He is One source of strength and comfort and guidance I never want to be without.

So as I look back at all 2009 brought me, I can't help but smile at the Lord's presence in my life. And as I look ahead to 2010, I wait with eager anticipation to see all He has planned for me.

No comments: