Monday, August 24, 2009

Watching Out for Distractions

As the kids get back into school, and as my morning hours free up a bit, I have to be careful I don't take on too many projects that could lead to a poor use of my time. I have a few deadlines coming up (one this week), so I can't let the temptation of working on some other more interesting projects, or even running a few extra errands, distract me from the tasks I need to get done.

I could use the excuse that I'm still thinking about what to write for my deadline, but then that doesn't get it finished. No, I must first pray for inspiration, take out my note pad and pen, and then begin to work. Thankfully, I'm not normally a procrastinator; but there are times when it's a bit tougher to get started on something I need to do.

How about you? Are you letting too many things distract you from what's important? Pray for guidance, and then get to work. You may be surprised to find just how much you get done, which leaves time for other things later on.

No comments: