Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Landmark Post

This is my 333rd post. Every time I see that number, I instantly think of my freshman year of college since 333 was my dorm room number. It also reminds me of my old roommate, Bridget.

Bridget was a junior transfer student who belonged to one of the nearby sororities. She had a great personality, which made her rather popular. What I loved about my roommate was that although she was much older with different interests, she would include me in a few of her activities. One of them was to join her and her friends to a super late night hot dog run at a 24 hour stand several miles away.

Bridget became a Christian not too long afterwards. She became involved with Campus Crusades and I saw a big change in her life. There was a fresher attitude, more peace, more joy. She veered away from the party life of college, and started to become more serious about her life and her goals. I lost touch with her many years ago, but the last note I had from her told about her marriage, her walk with the Lord, and how important God was in her and her husband's life.

Christ brings change into people's lives. He bring direction, hope, peace, joy, love, and fulfillment. It would have been nice to be able to tell Bridget so many years later of my personal commitment to the Lord. I think she would have been pleased for her little "roomie."

No comments: