Monday, January 12, 2009

Keep Encouraging

Are you an encourager? Do you encourage others to keep trying, even when things aren't going their way?

Encouraging is a wonderful ministry because we all need our spirits lifted up at some time or another. However, for all the energy we exert to bolster others, it is rare to receive the same amount in return.

I find that in times when I need to be lifted up, especially after giving of myself to others for long periods of time, I turn to the Lord in prayer. I ask Him to encourage me with His word. Then I open my Bible and read. There have been many times when a Scripture will leap off the page and bring me hope and refreshment and renewal. One recent verse that the Lord gave me was from Psalm 94:19, "When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer."

Encouragers need encouragement, too. If you find yourself needing some strengthening, seek help from the Lord. He is our source and our refuge. He is waiting to lift you up.

No comments: