Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Stirring of the Heart

When God calls me to do something, He often "stirs" my heart with an idea. I could be minding my own business about life in general, but then a thought pops into my head. It's often about something I would never seriously consider, but the more I try to push it out of my mind, the more it keeps coming back.

It's at those moments when I know it's time to seriously pray. I ask, "Is this of You, Lord? And if it is, can you confirm it to me, because that is not something I was planning on doing?" And, in time, I do get a confirmation. And then I pray for enablement, because often it's doing something I feel ill-equipt for.

I'm not alone in this stirring, either. I know many Christians who have felt God tugging at their heart about something. And the Lord is persistent, too. That pulling does not go away easily. If we truly want to do the Lord's will in our lives, then we need to listen to His call and obey with willing hearts.

The wonderful thing, though, is that when we do listen and obey, we feel fulfilled. That's how it was when I felt God calling me to write. I questioned, asked for confirmation, and when I received it, and began to write, I felt fulfilled.

Is God stirring your heart to action of some kind? Listen, ask, and then obey. You won't be sorry!


No comments: