Monday, April 26, 2010

The Hidden Things

My tennis shoes have been making noise. I thought perhaps it was the laces, but this noise was different. It sounded more like a rattling sound. So I took off my shoes and examined them. Then I noticed that the bottom had little slits in them, and it was in these slits that I found about a dozen little pebbles that had embedded themselves into my shoes, causing the elusive sound.

It's amazing to think that all those pebbles had found their way inside, merely by slipping in undetected. It reminds me of little sins that don't seem much at first, but after awhile they accumulate and start to make themselves more noticeable to the point they become a nuisance. In order to get rid of them, we must thoroughly examine ourselves, find the source of entry, and purge them from our lives. This can only come through God's grace and redemption.

Are there some hidden things in your lives that are causing noise? Ask the Lord to forgive you and heal you so that you can obtain peace.



No comments: