Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Looking Beyond Our Comfort Zones

I'm more comfortable working behind the scenes than I am center stage; yet God seems to feel differently. With my new book out, I have to be available for talks, signings, and school visits. They're fun and scary at the same time, mainly because deep down I'm still a bit shy. But I know this is what God is calling me to do, and so I pray for boldness, peace, and for the right words as I meet new people.

God often shakes our world and moves us from the comfortable to the sometime slightly uncomfortable, to the downright "I don't like this at all!" But He has His reasons. Maybe it's because we are to be that light in the darkness. Or there is someone who steps into our life that needs a bit of encouragement. Or maybe something you say will help a person make the right decision. Whatever it is, God has you where you are, in the perfect span of time. It is no accident.

So when you find God putting you somewhere you didn't quite expect to be, go with the flow. Ask Him to show you what you are to do while you're in your current situation, and then try to be a blessing and a witness to those you interact with. You may come away learning some valuable lessons yourself while helping someone else.

No comments: