Friday, March 6, 2009

Remembering to Breathe

I'm being trying to be faithful to my new exercise regime. The DVD I chose is an in-home walking program with interval training in the mix. I really enjoy it.

Because it's a DVD, I watch and workout to the same dialogue. One of the comments the trainer makes about midway into the session is, "Don't hold your breath!" She is encouraging us to take deep breaths and to exhale, particularly during the increased intervals, so our oxygen is circulating well within our bodies.

Sometimes our lives get so busy and stressful that we don't remember to breathe. I'm not talking about breathing techniques. I'm talking about taking a moment to remember we're not alone in the midst of our trials or circumstances. We have a God who loves us and who wants us to call out to Him for help and encouragements. When we do so, and trust Him with the results of our situations instead of relying on ourselves, we develop a brighter attitude, a fresher spirit, and a peace that is beyond explanation.

Are you remembering to breathe in the Lord's faithfulness?

No comments: