Monday, March 9, 2009

Learning

Do you like to learn? Normally, I enjoy learning, but once in a while, I find it humbling because I need to learn from my mistakes.

One of the things God showed me recently was I needed to learn to trust Him. There had been promises that He shared through His word, and, because of fear or foolishness, I forgot to trust. I ended up causing tensions that didn't have to happen. Thankfully the situation was rectified, but only after I've made myself look rather silly and childish.

I have taken courage from the Apostle Paul. He had much to learn, despite being the well-educated man that he was. His troubles and persecutions taught him many lessons, trust being one of them. He also learned to be content. In Philippians 4:11 he wrote, "Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content..."

Oh, that it were so easy to always trust, always be content, and always be eager to learn! At least I'm willing to try, and I know the Lord will help me as I daily put myself into His hands.

What is God calling you to learn?

No comments: