Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Taking Time to Exercise

I’ve worked out 3 times this past week with my new exercise CD. I know if I am consistent and persistent, I will develop a good weekly habit over time.

Too bad many of us don’t realize how important spiritual exercise is as well. 1 Timothy 4:8 says, “For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life that now is and of that which is to come.”

Spiritual exercise comes mainly in the form of spending time in God’s Word. Just like it’s good to exercise each week, it’s even better to read your Bible every day. How else are we to know what God has to say if we aren’t reading His love letter to us?

Take some time to develop a great and healthy habit. Open up your Bible a little each day and learn just what God has to share with you!

No comments: